This guide runs through Egress Encrypted Email.
Instructions for creating a free Egress Webmail Account
1. Click on https://switch.egress.com/ui/registration/AccountCreate.aspxto then navigate to the registration page.
2. Enter your details by putting in your first name, last name and your Egress ID (that would be your email address).
3. A unique password needs to be created. It will need to meet the criteria minimum of 8 characters with at least 1 UPPER case letter or number. Underneath you will be able to specify the security questions and answers in case you require a password reset in the future
4. For security reasons, please input the code that is displayed underneath this.
5. Once you have created your Egress account, an email will be sent to you with an activation code. Copy and paste the activation code on the following page, submit, and your account will be activated.
Instructions for reading Egress Encrypted Mails
1. You would first need to locate the message within your usual email inbox and click the link within the body of the message to read the secure email online
2. This will then open a webpage asking you to sign in with your Egress ID and password. (If you have not yet created a Switch account, click ‘New User?’ from the right-hand side of the webpage. You will then be able to complete the registration form in order to create a Switch ID.
3. Once you have successfully logged in, your secure email will then display within your web browser. You can then reply to this email through the ‘Reply’ button at the top of the message.
Last Update: March 17, 2021