This guide runs through how to clear the cache in Google Chrome.
1. On your computer, open Google Chrome.
2. Look at the far top right of the screen and you will see three vertical dots, this is the More button, click it .
3. Next, click More tools followed by clicking Clear browsing data.
4. At the top of the menu now on screen, choose a time range in which you’d like to clear the cache from. To delete everything, select All time.
5. Next to “Cookies and other site data” and “Cached images and files,” check the boxes. You can decide if you wish to tick the box that clears your “Browsing History” also.
6. Finally, click Clear data.
After you clear cache and cookies:
- Some settings on sites get deleted. For example, if you were signed in, you’ll need to sign in again.
- Some sites can seem slower because content, such as images, need to load again.
Last Update: July 16, 2020