This guide runs through how to use your Yealink phone with 3CX.
Handset, Speakerphone and Headset Mode
The Yealink phones will allow you to make phone calls via handset, speakerphone, or headset mode. During the active calls the user can switch between the handset and the speaker by pressing the speaker or headset keys. For headsets to operate, the user must plug the headset to an RJ9 port on the phone, which allows the user to pick-up, speak, or hang-up calls.
Making Phone Calls
There are many ways to complete a call:
1. DIAL: To make a phone call.
- Take Handset/SPEAKER/Headset off-hook or press an available LINE key (activates speakerphone).
- Enter the phone number
- Press the SEND key
2. REDIAL: To redial the last dialed phone number.
When the phone is on hook, press SEND key directly to redial.
3. USING CALL HISTORY: To call a phone number in Call History
- Press the History button to bring up the Call History Menu.
- Use the left and right arrow keys to select type of history.
- Select phone number using the arrow keys
- Press OK to select
- Press OK again to dial.
4. USING THE PHONEBOOK: To call a phone number from Phonebook Go to the phonebook by:
- Pressing the Dir button.
- Pressing the DOWN arrow key to select Phonebook.
- Press the Ok button to Enter.
- Select the phone number by using the arrow keys.
- Press OK to select.
- Press OK again to dial.
Answering Phone Calls
Incoming single call:
Answer a call by taking the Handset/Headset off the hook or pressing SPEAKER, also you can answer by pressing the corresponding account LINE button.
Incoming multiple calls:
When another call comes in while having an active call, the phone will produce a Call Waiting tone. Answer the incoming call by pressing its corresponding LINE button. The current active call will be put on hold.
Phone Functions during a Phone Call
Disconnecting a Call
To disconnect a call, hang up the receiver or press the hands free key if using hands free.
Call Waiting/ Call Hold
Hold: Place a call on hold by pressing the “HOLD” button.
Resume: Resume call by pressing the corresponding blinking LINE.
Multiple Calls: Automatically place ACTIVE call on “HOLD” by selecting another available LINE to place or receive another call.
Press the MUTE button to enable/disable muting the microphone.
The Multi-Purpose Key buttons can be configured for Call Parking. To park a call, check for an un-used park key, press the park key you want to use, and then notify the person who the call is parked for. To recover a parked call, press the park key that the call is on.
To transfer a call – Press the “TRANSFER” button, then dial the number and press the “SEND” button.
To pick up a call – Dial *20* and this will pick up a ringing phone.
Paging – used for messaging all phones
To page all phones and deliver a message – Dial *111 and then 808 – you can then speak and deliver your message.
To Initiate a Conference Call:
- Establish a connection with the first party.
- Press CONF button
- Choose the next line to join the conference by pressing the corresponding LINE button.
- Press Send.
- Repeat previous two steps for all other parties that would like to join the conference.
Busy Lamp Field
The Multi-Purpose Key buttons can be configured for Busy Lamp Field function with a specified account. When BLF is configured on one of the multi-functional buttons, the Speed Dial function will work when that line is not in use. Call Pick Up is supported when user presses a flashing BLF key.
Do Not Disturb
Press the “DND” button to enable/disable “Do Not Disturb” , when DND is enabled, the phone will not ring and send caller directly to voicemail.
Last Update: July 15, 2020