This guide walks through how to fix RIO when encountering it erring with Java.
Fixing URL not opening
- Get the user to sign on to the VPN first or none of the following will work.
- Open Internet Explorer and paste the following URL making sure to copy whole URL and not copy the link address as this will not work.
- Then drag the icon left of the address to the desktop to create new shortcut.
- Open and test if webpage loads.
Fixing Card Reader
To resolve this issue, can you please ensure that the following files are in the Java programme files:
If the files are missing, you can then copy from the following location.
C:\Program Files (x86)\HSCIC\Identity Agent
- The Gaticket.JAR must be in the following Java folder;
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\(LATEST VERSION)\lib\ext
- The TicketAPIDll.dll must be in the following Java folder;
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\(LATEST VERSION)\bin
- Then test by reopening the link and seeing if the card reader loads, may need to unplug card reader via USB and replug back in. If a Java popup appears click tick box not to show again and click run.
- Run the following only if still not loading.
Adding Link to Java Exception Site
Setting the Security levels through the Java Control Panel.
- Open Java Control Panel
Windows Start – All Programs – Java – Configure Java
- In the Java Control Panel, click on the Security tab.
- Ensure Enable Java content in the browser is enabled
- In the Exception Site List, click on Edit Site List.
- Click Add then add following links:
Last Update: July 7, 2020