This guide will run through how to install the VPN client software and configure it for remote network access.
Download & Install VPN client software.
To download the Barracuda VPN Client please click HERE. Once downloaded follow these prompts:
- Double click on the downloaded file to open it and begin the installation, if prompted select Yes to open.
- Select Next to start the installation.
- Accept the license agreement.
- Select VPN Client (Only) from the list of options.
- Select Next from the Application settings, do not tick or complete any options on this screen.
- Select Install to install the software.
Once the installation is complete you will find an option in the Start Menu for – Barracuda Network Access Client. Select this to open the software.
Once the software has loaded follow these simple instructions to setup your connection:
- Select New Profile – Machine from the toolbar
- Complete the following options:
- Description – Enter a description for the new profile – e.g. School Name.
- Server address – Enter the IP address that was given to you when you received your login credentials.
- Select Save to save this entry and return to the software.
You have now completed the setup and configuration of the VPN client, to connect to the school network:
- Right click on the profile that you wish to connect to and select Connect.
- A new window will pop up to the right asking for the credentials, please enter the username and password that you have been given.
- When you connect for the first time a windows will pop up and ask you to accept the security certificate for this connection – select Yes.
- You should now see the pop up windows message say Connect to – profile name.
If for any reason it does not connect on the first attempt then please wait 30 seconds and try again. If after three attempts it does not connect then please contact support.
Last Update: May 25, 2021